As much as I love to travel, at the end of a trip I am always ready to be home.
Five weeks is a long time to be away from our people and our home. I am SO ready to be there!
We have had an incredible adventure. We have revisited some of our favorite places, found some new favorites and met a lot of really great people along the way.
Yesterday was our last full day in Amsterdam. We went to the Central Station to reserve seats on the train to Frankfurt this afternoon.
The big news at Central Station - Starbucks has now opened! Previously, the only one I was aware of in Holland was at the airport. When we arrived, this one was under construction. While Bob waited in line, I got coffee and a beautiful Amsterdam coffee city mug - different than the one I already have at home!
We did a little shopping, not finding several things on our list but picking up a few things here and there.
We stopped at Sara's for a snack and to say good-bye.
Back home I put everything I could come up with in a big pot and cooked it for dinner. Kind of a chicken, vegetable soup/stew. It turned out pretty well actually. Allen joined us for our last evening here.
I am not looking forward to lugging all the suitcases around when we leave this afternoon. But, if heavy bags are my biggest problem, I'm doing OK!
After this trip though, it's back to strictly carry on!
No comments:
Post a Comment